Monday, November 3, 2008

The Gratitude Challenge

I love a good challenge. That's why when I read Midnite Scrapper's blog challenge, I knew I had to join in the fun.

This month I challenge all of you, my blogging friends, to post a gratitude post daily. If possible, post a picture to go along with it!

So here's my first gratitude post. Thanks, Sherry, for putting out this challenge.

As I got up this morning and started my usual morning routine, I started my usual morning grumbling, too. It was a typical case of the Monday morning blues - I hate to get up early. I hate the way my hair turned out. I hate my clothes. I hate my commute. I hate my job. I hate the building I work in. Yeah, it was just one of those grumpy mornings for me.

But, as I sit here in my really nice office (yes, I have an office!) and answer e-mails that had accumulated over the weekend, the grumpiness dissipates and I realize that I don't really hate getting up early or hate my commute or the building I work in. My hair and my clothes? Well, it depends on the day and how it all comes together. And my job? No, I don't really hate my job. I rather enjoy it - most days. I love problem solving, and being the local IT geek, I get to spend lots of time solving problems for other people. I learn something new every day and feel like my life is enriched by interacting with people not only here in this office, but through my communications with my peers throughout the firm all over the world.

Today, I'm thankful for my job. I'm particularly thankful that I still have a job in today's economy!

Until Next Time,
Kel

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Awww Kelly. What an awesome post. I am so glad that you're in!

Traci said...

Great post and it's something that I think a lot of us take for granted too often!