Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Gratitude Challenge - Post # 3


I think that little face says it all. I'm grateful for my little dog and companion, Aero. He's a sweet little guy, weighing in at exactly 3 pounds. He's not exactly a puppy any more at 13-1/2 years old. You'd never know it by just looking at him.

Each day when I leave for work, he sits on the opposite end of the couch from the front door with his back to me and a pouty look on his face, like I'm abandoning him for the rest of his life. But each evening, when I return, no matter what time it is, he's waiting at the front door wagging his tail and barking, as if to tell me how much he missed me all day.

And when we spend time together, he's very affectionate, giving more puppy kisses than any one human deserves (or would want!).

Now that he's in his twilight years, I'm so grateful for every day that I've had the little guy for the last 11-1/2 years (he was a rescue and I adopted him when he was 2). He spends more and more time sleeping each day, and I know his time is short with me. I really don't have a good way to show my gratitude to him other than to make him comfortable, give him great food and treats, and most of all, just love him for being my best friend.






Until next time,

Kel






1 comment:

Sherry said...

Your little pup is adorable. My sister has 2 Yorkies and they've come on visits many times. So sweet.