Friday, November 14, 2008

Gratitude Challenge #12


Today, I'm grateful for the kindness of strangers.


I went to Michael's on my lunch hour. I was on a mission to find a couple of t-shirts for myself (I love the Jerzees shirts they carry and they're cheap - only $5.99!) and get in and out of there quickly. There was only 1 check-out stand open, and I stepped up to it about the same time as another woman. We smiled politely at each other, and I'm sure we were both thinking the same thing: who's going to jump in line first. Well, she was juggling two rather large storage containers and I was only holding 2 t-shirts, so I let her go ahead of me. I figured it wasn't a big deal, she only had the 2 items and I wasn't in that much of a hurry to get back to work.

Well, I was quite surprised when she turned to me at the end of her transaction and asked if my items were full-price - she had a 50% off coupon that expired today and couldn't use it, so she wanted to give it to me to use! I thanked her profusely and very happily used that coupon and got one of my t-shirts for $3!


My mother always told me it pays to be polite - she was so right!


Until next time,


Kel

No comments: