Friday, November 21, 2008

Gratitude Challenge #19


This afternoon, I got to go on a shopping field trip for my job. I had to go to Fry's Electronics (it's the McDonald's playground for computer geeks) to purchase a pack of cd's because we had a large burning project and ran out of the little buggers.


I grudgingly went over there - now mind you, the store is located practically across the street from my office - and zipped in to grab the pack of cds and dashed to the check-out line. They have 40 checkouts! The nice thing is that you wait in one line with a greeter who keeps an eye out for which check stand is available and she (he) directs you to it. It's a very efficient system.


I was directed to checkstand #30 and as I was walking up, an older woman working the register started welcoming me and asking if I found everything I was looking for this afternoon. And she had a SMILE the size of California on her face! My transaction was short, but she had to be the most pleasant person I had ever dealt with in retail. Her voice was soothing and her eyes were kind and gentle and she seemed to enjoy her job and having a conversation with me. It's one of the few times I've actually enjoyed being at a checkstand!


So today, I'm thankful for the lovely lady at checkstand #30 at Fry's for making my day a little happier.


Until next time,


Kel

No comments: