Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gratitude Challenge Post #4

You can never have too many friends in your life. And with today's technology, it's easy to meet someone who lives on the opposite side of the country from you and have her become your friend. My friend lives in Virginia, and I'm in California.


You see, several years ago I responded to a post on a scrapbooking message community (can't remember if it was Scrapshare or its predecessor!) from someone named Scrap4U. She posted asking for ideas to boost her scrapbooking home business because she worked full time and didn't have kids (two things that are unusual for scrapbooking consultants). I responded to her post because I had the same challenges running my business. I sent her my e-mail address and told her we should chat off-line.


And chat we did.


What started as a business discussion has turned into years of friendship and sharing. It's almost like we're pen pals - those of you old enough to remember the days before the internet and e-mail remember pen pals, right? Well, that's us - only we look to our electronic mailboxes each day to check up on each other.


Linda and I have a lot in common, especially our love for Disney World. She and her husband Tim get to go way more often than I do and even though I'm envious and jealous, I always revel in their joy, excitement and fun on their trips. Oh, yeah, a new thing we just discovered we have in common: mouse visitors (and we're not talking Mickey, either). Ick!


We talk on the phone occasionally on the weekends or special occasions and we've actually met once in real life! Yes, I know, the internet is full of axe murderers and stalkers, but we've both lived to tell the tale and look forward to the next time we can hang out in WDW together.


So today, my gratitude is to Linda for being not only my 21st century pen-pal, but my confidant, shoulder to cry on, sounding board, voice of reason and most of all, my friend.


Until next time,


Kel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly! That was so sweet! Thanks alot girlfriend! I feel the same way. Besides Tim, you are one of my dearest friends and I can't wait until we can get together again! Linda