Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did You Get YOUR Sticker Today?

Okay, I know a sticker isn't a big deal. A free cup of coffee or a donut or some ice cream, now there's a prize for getting out of bed before the crack of dawn to stand in line for 30 minutes before the polls opened here in California.

But, I'm a scrapbooker and stickers are a big deal. I was insulted when I finished my vote and had to ask for my "I Voted" sticker. But by gosh, I got it.

And the funny thing is, when I got to work, the managing partner of my office asked me if I had voted before he said good morning. I proudly showed him my badge of honor (which looks exactly like the one above, only "I Voted" is written in English, Spanish and Chinese) and said "Yep, I was there when the polls opened." He looked a little disappointed and said "I wonder why you got a way cooler voting sticker than I got..." His was just a red circle with white "I Voted" lettering. I didn't have a clue.

So, did you get YOUR sticker today? I don't care who you vote for or where you live or which ballot measures you support. Just go out and get your sticker and make a difference. There's still time - it's only 6:00 p.m. on the East Coast.

Oh, and so far, I'm the only one in the office with the cool sticker!

Until Next Time,

Kel






2 comments:

missyg said...

Got my sticker and by golly I am happy that I have it too! :0)

Sherry said...

Got my sticker and my free cup of coffee. =] They gave me an extra sticker for my scrapbook too. =]