Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude Challenge #22


Ahhhh.... the pool.


Anybody who knows me well (and has read my blog for a while) knows I hate to exercise. Oh, I do it because I know I have to. But I don't like it.


But, for several years now, I have found that water aerobics is a form of exercise that I actually LIKE. There, I said it. I LIKE it. I've taken classes at several places around the area and have found that not all pools are alike - some are freezing, some are not so clean and some are just odd. No matter which pool I go to, it's excercise.


Over the last several months, I've been dedicating myself to getting my workouts on land and had stopped going to water aerobics classes to concentrate all my efforts on 'normal' workouts. And every day I missed being in the water more and more.


So today, I called my friend and pool buddy Marie and we decided to head to the pool after work for the first time in a long time. We went to the pool at the hospital's rehab center (where they offer water aerobics classes 4 nights a week) and attended the class of one of our favorite teachers, Linda.


What a joy - even for exercise! The water was warm (a toasty 90 degrees!) and the people were friendly. While I didn't get much of an aerobic workout, I did get in some serious stretching, which felt great.


So, today I'm thankful for that warm pool at the rehab center.


Until next time,


Kel

No comments: