Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gratitude Challenge #11


Today, I am thankful for squirrels.


Yes, I know they're just rats with furry tails. But they're cute rats with furry tails.


In the office complex where I work, there are lots of trees and naturally, lots of little furry critters. We have both gray and black squirrels that live in the trees around here, and some of them are quite friendly. There used to be one that was extremely friendly and thought she was human - we called her Chip (because she had a 'chip' missing from one of her ears). She'd stalk anyone who got out of their car to come into our building, waiting for a peanut. Or a french fry!


But, in general, squirrels just crack me up whenever I see them. They're such lively little creatures and seem to always be happily frolicking and searching for snacks. No matter how bad my day is going, seeing a squirrel outside my office window always brings a smile to my face.


Furry-tailed little rat that it is.


Until next time,

Kel

No comments: