Monday, November 10, 2008

Gratitude Challenge #8



Today, I'd like to show my gratitude to the men and women of the United States Marine Corps. Especially since today, November 10, is the 233rd birthday of the Marines.


You're probably asking why the Marines. Well, I guess you could call me a Marine Corps brat - my Dad served in the early 60's. I could sing the Marine Corps hymn before I could recite my ABC's. I always admired my Dad's neatness, precision and iron-fisted discipline, all of which I'm guessing he got from his years in the Corps. And no matter where he goes, he always meets a fellow Marine.


I'm grateful for all the men and women who choose to serve our country, no matter what division of the armed services they choose.


But the Marines hold a special place in my heart.


Semper Fi!!


Until Next Time,


Kel

No comments: