Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gratitude Challenge #17


Today, I'm thankful for my little godchild, Adrienne.


She's the daughter of my cousin Ryan and his wife Ruth, both of whom I adore (heck, they're my landlords, too, so a little kissing up is a good thing, right?!). When they asked me to be her godmother, I was thrilled and excited that I'd be able to have a special relationship with this little girl. I was so happy the day "Miss A" was born and very proud to stand up in church the day she was baptized.


Even though they live 3 hours away, I still get to spoil her with girly goodies for just about any occasion, whether or not it calls for a gift. She's totally fun to shop for! Whenever Ruth and I chat on the phone, Adrienne always insists on talking to me and starts our conversation with "Hi Nanny Kelly!" It warms my heart so much when I hear that.


It's my hope that as Adrienne gets older (and I start turning into more of an old lady than I alreay am) she'll think it's cool to spend time with me and we can enrich each others' lives as we grow.


Until Next Time,


Kel

No comments: