Thursday, October 16, 2008

Remembering Danny...


My plan for today's post was a rant about the mouse that has moved in with me and Aero this week. But last night, as I sat awake listening to the little bugger, I read a post on ScrapShare that shook me to the core and it's all I could think about today.


One of the members, thexbears, lost her 5 year old son Danny very suddenly yesterday. It all happened so quickly and as I read the hundreds of posts and the few e-mails I received about what had happened, shock and sadness filled my heart for Danny, his Mom, Dad and sister. It made me realize just how quickly life can change and how I shouldn't be complaining about a stupid little mouse in my kitchen today. I should be thanking God for the blessings I have and asking Him to comfort this family in their time of sorrow.

Now, I don't know thexbears personally. I've read her posts on scrapbooking and life, I've looked at her layouts online. Over the years I've been in swaps with her and I've probably even exchanged an e-mail or two with her. You might be thinking it's crazy to be so upset by a tragedy to a family that I don't even know. Crazy or not, I can tell you that there's hundreds of women from all corners of the US and the world who are all mourning Danny's passing and banding together today to send love, prayers and support to thexbears and her family.

If you see a red balloon flying overhead this weekend, think of little Danny and say a prayer for him. It'll probably be a balloon set free in his honor by a ScrapShare sister.

Sing with the angels, little Danny.




Until next time,


Kel

No comments: