Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Vacation: Whew! I Made It!

After the excitement of Thursday morning, I was glad when the plane touched down at New Orleans International. The only thing I wasn't too glad about was the heat: it was a balmy 79 degrees! Quite a shock to my system after the cold weather we'd had in CA for the last week.

The next hurdle of the day was to get the rental car. It wasn't too bad. The lady who drove the shuttle bus was hilarious! It was just the dose of southern hospitality I needed to get me in the mood for my visit home. She insisted on showing me the pictures of the snowmen her children had made when it snowed in N.O. last week...

My only problem was that the car was small and kinda stinky. If I hadn't been so hot and tired, I would have gone back to the terminal to demand a new car. But, I didn't want to trudge back onto the shuttle bus and drag all my stuff back to the counter to start the fight, so I took the car.

The drive home was uneventful, thank goodness. I nearly passed up my Dad standing on the driveway of the house they're renting because I was too busy looking down the street at the roofline of the new house!

It was so great to see my parents again! They visited me in September of 2007 when they spent 3 weeks at my house on their 7 week journey around the country in their RV. Our reunion was long overdue.

Until Next Time,

Kel


No comments: