Thursday, December 4, 2008

Choose Joy #2

Today, instead of choosing joy, I'm going to steal it. Okay, so maybe not steal it, but borrow it from somebody else. Does that work?

There's a young man, probably in his early 20's, that I see most mornings waiting at the public bus stop. Normally I wouldn't notice him as I drive by. But every morning that I see him, he seems to be choosing his joy - music.

He's always well dressed, has a backpack, usually wears dark sunglasses and a hat of some kind. And he's always got his headphones on. I don't know what kind of music he's listening to, but he dances and grooves right there at the bus stop in time to his music. He seems to be lost in his own little world waiting for his bus to arrive and whisk him off to his daily destination.

He obviously finds joy in the music he listens to, and every time I see him, I can't help but smile and feel my own joy as he brings a bright spot to my morning.

Maybe one day I should stop and thank him for that.

Maybe not. He'd probably just think I was nuts.

Until next time,

Kel

No comments: