Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Vacation: I Didn't Know I Had to Do That

When I arrived at the airport, the line to go through security didn't seem so bad. I'm guessing there were about 20 people in line ahead of me. We all inched through the queue slowly and as we got closer, people started taking off their shoes and jackets and pulling laptops out of bags and preparing for the x-ray and scanning operations.

This is my first time traveling with my CPAP machine. So, when I got to the front of the line, I used four little gray bins: one for my shoes and jacket, one for my pink carry on bag, one for the laptop and one for the bag with the CPAP. The people behind me just looked at me like I was nuts.

Got through the scanner rather quickly, and as I waited for my four bins, a TSA agent came over with my blue CPAP bag in her hand saying "Miss, is this your bag?" I panicked as I said yes. "Well, you're supposed to take this machine out before the x-ray, so I'm going to have to take it over here and remove it from the bag and inspect it." No problem by me - I figured it would give me time to put on my shoes and get the laptop back in it's bag. It took her a few minutes to do her thing and when she returned with the bag, she reminded me that from now on I needed to take the machine out of the bag for security. I apologized to her for causing the delay, explaining that this was the first time I traveled with it and didn't know that I had to do that. Much to my surprise, she was very nice and said "no problem at all, have a great flight!"

I guess on the 31st I'm going to use 5 gray bins....

Next up: Flying just isn't what it used to be.

Until Next Time,

Kel

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I was get nervous going through all that at the airport. I'm glad you got through it okay!