Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Choosing Joy #14

Tuesdays always seem to be long days for me. I don't know why, but they just seem to be longer than any other day of the week. Today is no exception.


With my trip home in just 2 days, my lunch hour was devoted to running errands: Target for some last minute travel supplies, the grocery store to get 2 meals for tonight and tomorow night's meals, the post office, etc., etc.


When I was in Target today, it was crazy busy. People buzzing about the store with baskets full of Christmas goodies. I was kind of aggravated, but turned a corner where a young mom was pushing a cart with her little girl, who I guess was about 4. The little girl was adorable with long blonde hair and big blue eyes that seemed to sparkle as she took in all of the Christmas decorations and lights and blow up characters and she had a smile as big as Texas. I stopped to look at something and I heard the little girl exclaim to her mom: "Oooooh, Christmas is coming!"


It was that moment that I chose my joy for today: the innocent voice of a child filled with excitement and happiness.


Until Next Time,


Kel

No comments: