Monday, December 1, 2008

25 Christmas Questions

I got 'tagged' by my friend Cathy a couple of days ago, but just read her entry today. Guess I need to catch up on my reading, eh?


Read to the end to see if I've tagged you!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both - depends on the gift

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real! I love the way it makes my house smell.

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend. This year, I don't have a tree because I'll be spending the holidays with my family in New Orleans. I miss it already!

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the first week of January.

5. Do you like eggnog? No.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My sister.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail as many as I can.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Makeup. I felt like he was trying to tell me I was unattractive or something...

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas - does that count as a movie?

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cella's Milk Chocolate Covered Cherries. It's the only time of year I allow myself to have them.

16. Lights on the tree? Yep.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I don't really have a favorite - I love them all! But, if I had to choose just one, it would be "Santa and His Reindeer Used to Live Right Here" by Benny Gunch and the Bunch (a New Orleans favorite!).

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? This year I'm traveling! I'll be with my family for 2 weeks to celebrate the first Christmas in my parents' new home. Normally, I just stay here because flying is absolutely nuts at the holidays.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Puh-lease. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner & Blitzen. Don't forget Rudolph. And Olive. (You know - "Olive, the other reindeer..." hee-hee-hee)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. Since I'm usually home by myself, I open one gift on Christmas Eve and then get up and open the rest in the morning while I'm on the phone with my family.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When people say Happy Holidays. Dang it. I tell everybody Merry Christmas.

23. What theme or color are you using? I usually have lots of reindeer and snowmen around. The colors don't matter so much to me.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Granny's oyster dressing. My Dad learned how to make it over the years and now that Granny's serving it in Heaven, we can still have it and think of her.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Safe travel to and from New Orleans.


Now, it's your turn: I'm tagging: Cali, Linda and Jamie!

Until next time,

Kel

No comments: