Saturday, December 13, 2008

Choosing Joy #11

Today is my last Saturday at home before the big trip on Thursday. It's a day filled with errands, shopping and other boring duties.


One of my errands today was to drop off Aero at the groomer for his bi-monthly haircut. And boy, did he need it! His hair on his face looked like a matted lion's mane. When I picked him up, not only did he look great but he smelled great - no yucky dog oders coming from my little bundle of joy.


We stopped at PetSmart on the way home to get him a new sweater since the weather has turned quite chilly these days. While we were there, the folks from the local Humane Society had set up shop to take pictures of furbabies with "Santa Paws." I'm a sucker for helping out animals in need, so, after purchasing Aero's new sweater, we walked right over and plunked down the $10 fee to get his picture taken ($5 went to the Humane Society).


Today, my joy was giving a little charity in a time when finances are really tight and I haven't been able to give as much as I'd like to.


And besides, Aero just looked cute with Santa Paws!


Until Next Time,


Kel

No comments: