Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Choosing Joy #15

It's not the night before Christmas, but it's the night before flight. Yep, tomorrow morning at 7:25, I'll be on a plane headed to New Orleans to spend Christmas with my family, hopefully in my parents' new house.

I'm just about packed; all I need to do is add my stuff that I'll use to get ready in the morning and I'm done. The house is fairly neat (because Carol, my dog sitter, will be stopping by to pick up Aero in the morning after I'm gone) and everything's quiet.

For about the last hour, I've been sitting on the couch with Aero curled up in my arms. I think he knows that I'm leaving and he's not coming with me. We're both kinda sad, but I've chosen to make this my joy - cuddling with that silly little dog who brings so much joy to my life.

I'm gonna miss him for the next two weeks....

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: