Monday, December 15, 2008

Choosing Joy #13

Tonight, I delivered my first Christmas present and after a long, task-filled day, I decided that it was my joy.

I love Christmas and I particularly love giving gifts to as many people as I can. Unfortunately, this year, with funds being tight, I've had to cut back on my gift giving, which has made me sad. But, the good news is that I had bought lots of craft-ables over the course of the year, so I was able to hand-make several gifts to give to some of my closest friends.

I delivered a mini-clipboard (see here for all of them) to my water aerobics instructor, Linda. I couldn't stay for class, but went down to the pool to catch her in between classes and give it to her and say thanks for being such a great instructor. She was quite surprised to see me in regular clothing and I think she was surprised that I was there to thank her.

Being able to give a gift to someone when they least expected it definitely put me in the mood for Christmas and helped me to choose my joy for today.

Until next time,

Kel

No comments: