Friday, December 12, 2008

Choosing Joy #10

As I've said before, I hate to exercise, but I do it with regularity these days 'cause I know I have to.

I changed my gym membership a couple of months ago from the YMCA to a small, women-only place called 'Every Woman Health Club.' I've been attending classes and workshops there for several years and I really like the owners, Anne and Stephanie. Of course, it's where I first met Denise, my trainer, and got my butt kicked by her in a hand-weights workshop.

So tonight, when I was preparing for my training session with Denise, I was getting set up on the treadmill to warm up and one of the women I see there all the time came over and said to me "You've really lost a lot of weight - you look great. Kee up the great work!" Well, I about fell off the treadmill! Truth be told, that danged scale hasn't budged in six months, even with all of my workouts. But, like she and I discussed, my body has changed and reshaped and, most important of all, I FEEL BETTER!! I don't even know her name, just know her from seeing her at the club, but she's my new best friend for noticing that my hard work is paying off in a small way.

Today, I chose to make my workout my joy. And that, my friends, was no small task!

Until next time,

Kel

No comments: