Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Vacation: Monday's Adventure

I woke up crabby this morning. It's typical for a Monday morning, even though I didn't have to get dressed to go to work today. My Mom and Dad invited me to go furniture shopping with them and the interior designer who's helping them with their new house. I went along, figuring what the heck, it was better than sitting around the house watching tv.


The furniture store was huge - they actually have a set path that you follow as you go from staged room to staged room. I'm guessing that if you didn't have a salesperson with you, you could make a wrong turn and get lost and never be found again. We spent 2 hours there, and in that 2 hours, my Mom (and Gerald, the designer) with Dad's agreement and some input from me, picked out 2 bedroom sets, a dining room set, living room furniture, pieces for her 'reading room' and a server for a wall near the kitchen! I was quite impressed with my Mom's ability to go right to the piece that she visioned in her new house. She could make up her mind quickly and didn't ever doubt her choice. It'll be fun to see it all in the house when they move in.

Of course, shopping for big ticket items can leave you hungry, so we went to a local sandwich shop for roast beef po-boys. Yum-mmmy!!!! It was so sloppy that I think I had gravy dripping down to my elbows. The only good roast beef po-boy is a messy roast beef po-boy.

We came home and hung out for the evening; Jamie, Clif and the boys came over later and had dinner with us. It was a nice, relaxing evening.

Coming Up: The Piggly Wiggly

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: