Monday, December 29, 2008

Choosing Joy #27

Wow. The last 11 days have been so filled with joy for me that today, I'm struggling to figure out what my joy is.

But, I had lunch with my long-time friend Debra today. When I moved to CA in 1989, Deb and I started working at the law firm on the same day. We immediately became friends, and she showed me the ropes in the "big city." I've watched her three children grow up into fine young adults (gah - I'm old!) and think of her often, always thankful that she took me under her wing when I was new in town.

Over the last few years, she's moved to North Carolina and 3 years ago, she and her husband Ray landed in New Orleans, just before Hurricane Katrina. Each time I've visited, we've missed each other. She and Ray are moving to Houston next week (Deb - you got a thing for hurricane cities?), so this was my best opportunity to see her one last time, without having to go intrude on her in Houston.

Today, I found my joy reconnecting with my friend Debra.

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: