Thursday, March 5, 2009

Well That Made Me Smile!

My house is on a very busy corner, a block down from the county hospital. Besides the vehicular traffic, the side street is very busy with pedestrian traffic coming and going from the hospital. There are doctors, nurses, technicians and other assorted workers who walk from there to the local Starbuck's (only 3 blocks down) or other businesses in the area; and then, there are the patients. Some normal, some not-so-normal and kinda scary.

Well, last night, Aero and I were out in the side yard for our fourth potty break in two hours (he really doesn't go that often - he's just nosey and likes to sniff around the yard and watch the goings on of the world). Of course, I'm annoyed by this point and fussing with him to hurry up. I notice that he's staring intently at something behind me and not moving. I turned to look over my shoulder and spotted a woman in scrubs heading down the sidewalk toward us. Of course, I fussed at Aero because I knew he'd try to scoot through the fence as the woman walked by....

Much to my surprise, the woman stopped briefly and said "you have a beautiful home!" and just kept walking. It caught me completely off guard. I shouted "thank you!" to her as she made her way down the street.

Wow. A stranger being kind. That doesn't happen much in the world today. I smiled for the rest of the evening.

And Aero only need to go out one more time.

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: