Sunday, March 22, 2009

Holy Scrap!

I love all things scrapbook related, so when I found Two Chicks Designs recently, it was an easy decision to buy several scrap-related t-shirts. My favorite is the bright red one with "HOLY SCRAP" in bold, white letters on the front (no, I don't have a picture of me in the shirt so don't ask!). I wear it to the gym and always get asked about it and have to explain that 'holy scrap' is a scrapbook-related term.

So yesterday, I met with 5 of my closest scrapping buddies at the day-long Scrapbook Expo and decided that it would be the most appropriate place to wear the shirt. I got lots of compliments on it and lots of questions about where to buy one. There were even a couple of people who asked if they could take my picture in it (no, I didn't ask them to e-mail me a copy). I went through the whole day without seeing another shirt like mine.

Then, about 11:00 p.m. during the crop, I spotted someone else wearing a Holy Scrap insignia. Unfortunately for her, she shouldn't have been wearing it: she had on a pair of sweat pants with the words emblazoned across her butt.

What's wrong with that, you might be asking yourself? Well, words across the butt on flat-assed teens are one thing (and I'm not crazy about those, either). But this woman was clearly well into her forties and had a big butt. So big that the "S" in "Scrap" was swallowed by her crack. Yes, folks, she proudly wore "HOLY CRAP" on her ass. It was kinda funny in a way (holy crap on your butt - get it?), but then it kinda wansn't. For a brief moment, I just stood there staring in disbelief as she bent over the Cricut happily cutting shapes and shaking her groove thing to the disco music that was playing in the background. I mean, you couldn't help but notice her!

So here's my PSA: if you're old enough to drink and your butt is bigger than a postage stamp, please don't wear words on your rear end.

Holy Crap - errr, Scrap.

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: