Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Queen of the Procrastinators

I'm attending a wonderful scrapbooking retreat this coming weekend, hosted by my wonderful friend Cathy. I look forward to this event each time she holds it, and am praying that the danged phone system in the office gets fixed before the weekend (I missed last year because of a server malfunction 3 days before the retreat!) so I can go.

There are 21 of us scheduled to attend, all having met through an online community we all belong to. I've probably met at least 15 of these axe-wielding murders at retreats and other scrapbooking events in the past, so I'm quite comfortable spending the weekend with them and look forward to meeting some new friends in real life.

My problem? We all contribute an item to the retreat goody bag. AND MY GOODIES ARE NOT DONE!!!! Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh. Here it is, Tuesday afternoon. One part of the project is in the living room, one part is in the kitchen, another couple of parts are out in my workshop. Why can't I just sit down and do it?

It's not like what I'm planning will be difficult to do. And it's not like I haven't known that the retreat was scheduled for March 28 since, like, a couple of months ago.

Why oh why do I wait so long to get things done?

Maybe I shouldn't go to the gym tonight. After all, I have to make goody bag treats. Yeah, that's it. Can't work out because I need to take care of this project. Uh-huh. No elliptical, only paper and glue for me tonight. Woo-hoo!

And if you're a betting person, you should take the odds that tomorrow I'll report that not only did I not go to the gym tonight, but the goody bag treats still aren't done.... You'll be rich.

I'm the Queen of the Procrastinators. Wanna join my club?

Until Next Time,

Kel

2 comments:

scrap4u said...

Great posts Kelly! So did you get your goody bag stuff done? I have faith in you. You either did that or went to the gym.

I love the Holy Scrap post. I agree completely that no one should be wearing word on their butt. If you're young enough to wear it, you don't want that kind of attention. If you're over the age of 21 you're too old for it! Why would you want people staring at your butt anyway?

Sherry said...

I hope you went to the gym aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddd got the goody bag item done. =] Looking forward to seeing you again!