Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Special Women #1

This is the first of seven posts for Traci's March Challenge - Special Women.

I decided just to start at the top with the first question: "Is there a woman...Who you wish you spent more time with or talked to more often?"

This was an easy one for me: Linda.

We met several years ago (more years than I can remember) on a scrapbooking community, sharing our thoughts and feelings about our home-based scrapbook businesses. What started as a couple of e-mails has blossomed into a friendship that I truly treasure.

We're modern day pen-pals, mostly communicating through e-mail. Every once in a while, we'll call each other and chat it up. But we've only met one time in real life: one evening at Disney World for dinner when our vacations overlapped by a day. That was a night I'll treasure forever.

Linda is one of my most supportive friends. I feel like I can tell her anything or ask her advice and she'll be honest with me. She's given me many much-needed slaps on the head over the years. :-)

There are times when I think of her and wish that we lived closer and could hang out, scrapbook together or go to Michaels or the local scrapbook stores to shop or just do anything together. You see, she lives in Virginia, and with me in California, that whole country between us thing is a real problem.

But, if I ever win the lottery . . .

Yeah, I wish I could spend more time with Linda.

Until Next Time,

Kel

2 comments:

scrap4u said...

What sweet words and thoughts Kelly. I feel the same way. You are truely my best female friend. Tim of course being my best male friend. LOL! I talk to Tim about you all the time and wish we could be together to hang out. I know you'd get me exercising and I'd try to keep you out of the dark places. But I so look forward to your emails and hearing about what you're doing. They are the bright spots in my day.

Traci said...

It truly is amazing how strong of a bond can be created via the internet. I have online friends that I will choose to talk to any day over my IRL friends.