Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jump Start Day 2

I still can't get used to calling boot camp 'Jump Start.' It just seems wrong on so many levels.

Today was day 2 of this session. I have always thought that this was the hardest day of the 3 weeks to get up and get moving. Knowing how I usually feel and how easy it would be to talk myself out of going this morning, I made it difficult to miss it: last night, I packed my bag with the essentials for a shower, work clothes and other grooming items I use when getting ready for work and put the bag in the car. Yep - it all stayed out in the car last night, leaving me with only my workout gear to wear this morning and no hair products on hand!

Why? Well, I know that I won't go outside in my pajamas, unless the house is on fire or there's a really hot guy out there... so I knew there was no way I'd go out to the car at 6:30-ish to retrieve my stuff. And you know what? It worked! I didn't get up when the alarm first went off, but by the second time, my feet hit the floor because I knew the only way I could get ready for work was to go to the gym, work out and take my shower THERE.

It's crazy. But then I'm just a little crazy - you already knew that, right?

And I survived Day 2.

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: