Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Where's Kel?


I'm still around.

Nothing noteworthy going on in my life right now. Oh, I've started several posts over the last two weeks. But that's it - they're started and stored in my drafts folder now, waiting for me to finish them. They're like a lot of projects in my life right now. Started and put aside, waiting to be finished. The sad part is that I have no desire to finish any of them and really don't care if they get done or not.

A dear friend of mine said she noticed that I'm just 'not the same' lately, and said she knows what's wrong with me. I'm not able to exercise as regularly as I was for so long and my life is out of whack because of it. I think she may be right!

It's hard for me to admit it since I'm such an exercise hater. But, I am missing working out regularly. The knee was getting better, but being the stubborn person that I am, I tried it out in a new cardio class last Wednesday. Yeah, that was stupid. Now it hurts more than it did initially. Rats. Double Rats. Crap. So, I'm down to 2 days a week at the gym - Friday afternoons for personal training with Denise (can I just tell ya' how wonderful she is at working around the bad knee and still giving me a great workout!) and then attending her Yo'lates class on Saturday mornings (a combo of yoga and pilates - who'da thunk it?). But it's not enough.

My friend also pointed out that while I'm sidelined for the most part, I have no where to release the pent up energy, stress, anger, frustration, silliness and other emotions that normally are released when I'm working out daily. And boy, am I a big ol' bucket of all those emotions lately.

So, for now, I'm not feeling very chatty and probably won't be here much. Unless I get some kind of divine inspiration, have a major piece of news to share or my knee is miraculously healed without my having to visit another doctor who'll tell me that I'm not injured, it's my weight causing my knee to hurt, try not to miss me too much.

Until Next Time,

Kel

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Hey!! Missed you. Take care of yourself girl. I was wondering where you were. =] Don't stay gone too long.