Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 3: An Eerie, Quiet Calm

Well, it's nearly 9:00 p.m. on Sunday night and I'm pleased to say that today wasn't so bad. I haven't cried, gotten angry, depressed or annoyed. Hmph. That's real progress in only 3 days!

Managed a trip to Target with my best bud Joyce and only spent $20 - an all-time record for me. I was surprised that it didn't bother me more that I knew I shouldn't wander through the aisles and make impulse purchases. Of course, I don't know how long I can keep that up!

The good news is that I got the unemployment claim filed! Yay! I realized I was reading the first question incorrectly: it asked if you had worked in any state other than CA - not if you had only worked in CA. Gotta remember to not try to fill out important paperwork online late at night.

At some point today, though, I did have a happy moment when I realized that hey, I don't have to get up on a Monday morning, get dressed and go to work! I've always hated Monday mornings, so I found joy in the suckiness. Now tomorrow morning may be another story....

Until next time,

Kel

No comments: