Friday, May 15, 2009

The First Day

Well, it's been about 18 hours since I joined the ranks of the unemployed. I'm not sure how I feel today.

I didn't sleep much last night. Finally forced myself to go to bed around 1:30 this morning, followed by just laying there listening to the tv and feeling my heart pounding. Aero didn't seem to be too bothered by the news - he snuggled up next to me and started snoring right away.

I was up at around 5:30 this morning, which is earlier than my 'routine' time to get up. I just couldn't sleep any more. Of course, it's now just after 9:00 and I'm still in my pj's trying to decide what to do with new-found freedom.

I could unload the boxes that hold the treasures that adorned my office for 9 years. But that would mean I'd have to get dressed and actually go outside the house. Nope. Not gonna do that right now. I could tackle the mess and giant dust bunnies that are like my non-rent paying roommates. But then I'd disturb Aero's mornig nap. Then there's the ongoing 'organize the workshop' project, which would free up my scrapbooking space and I could get some work done on those projects. Nope. That sounds like a lot of work. Hmmmm. I'd say I could go shopping, but you know how I hate that and besides, I'm unemployed and shouldn't be spending money!

Good thing I have my regularly scheduled (and already paid for!) training session with Denise tonight. I think a good session of serious weight lifting and sweating is just what I need today.

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: