Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 4: It's Like Vacation!

It would have been easy to sleep in until 8:00 a.m. or so this morning, but my little furry friend is such a morning dog! He was up at 5:30, wanting to go out, and then he aggravated me from the time we crawled back under the covers until I finally relented and got up at 6:45. I guess he's just such a creature of habit that his little brain kept telling him that Mom needed to get up and go to work. He expressed extreme displeasure with me all the while I was home because I was disturbing him. It's gonna be a long haul with him.

But I did enjoy my day - it felt like a vacation day. I went to the gym this morning, followed by a trip to the grocery store on the way home. There's a big difference in shopping on a Saturday morning at 11:00 and on a Monday morning at 11:00. Only had to fight off the blue-haired set in the aisles - there were no yuppie soccer moms with screaming kids in tow!

The thing I'm having the most trouble with is my short attention span. I'd start something (like laundry) and just never quite get back to it. Or, I tried to organize some scrapping supplies and kept getting distracted by something on tv, or a song on the radio that I could dance to. Gotta work on that (the attention span - not the dancing!).

On the job front, I contacted a career coach today. We're exchanging messages, trying to nail down a time for a conference call. I figure since it's been nearly 10 years since I've written a resume or gone on a job interview AND I'm now competing for a job against hundreds of younger qualified applicants, I need all the help I can get.

I also registered for a on-line class on creating web pages. Can't hurt and I think it'll be great for me since I don't have to commit to being in a classroom. Wish me luck with that!

Until next time,

Kel

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Sounds like you're making progress! So funny about Aero. LOL I can just imagine. Hugs!