Monday, April 27, 2009

A Prince in My Future....

I love the song "Some Day My Prince Will Come" from Cinderella. I believe in fairy tales and believe the words to that song. Even though I'm on the "old" side of my 40's, I'm sure there's a prince out there for me. He might be old and kinda frog-looking, but he's out there.

And today, I received an e-mail from my prince. Prince Bala Momoh from Liberia, to be exact.

He sounds like a very lovely person, despite his bad grammar and not quite perfect grasp of the English language. He's been through a lot - his father was executed and he and his mother (my future mother-in-law!) have been exiled from Liberia and his $40 million family fortune has been tied up in an account here in the US and he can't get to any of it.

And that's why he's written me. He's willing to share 20% of his $40 million with me if give him my full name, date of birth, address and my mother's maiden name. I guess maybe he wants to ask my mother's permission for my hand in marriage or something. Oh, he even gave me a phone number to call to give him all this information personally because, after all, sending that through e-mail is unsecure and anybody could steal my identity. Wow. He really cares!

I'm so thrilled that he picked me out of the millions of other eligible women with e-mail accounts in the world! What should I do? Should I call him and introduce myself? Should I e-mail him back with my picture and ask him for his? Maybe I should start registering and looking for wedding dresses.

I may be looking for a 'prince' but I'm not THAT stupid....

Until Next Time,

Kel

1 comment:

scrap4u said...

Good one Kelly! I'd love to meet your prince. Since he's exiled from Liberia, exactly where is he living? Maybe we can jump on a plane this weekend and go visit him. That way you could give him all your personal data in person! :)

Keep up the good work!