Saturday, January 31, 2009

January is Over?

I find it hard to believe that January is over! Ummm, what happened to the month? Didn't I just get home from New Orleans yesterday?

I have things to look forward to in the upcoming months. I'm going to see Wicked in San Francisco with a bunch of my friends in March I'm going to see Mickey Mouse with my Aunt Loretta in April. So, having January zip by is kinda okay in my book.

As I looked back over January, something caught me off guard and shocked my socks off. You see, I keep an exercise journal, noting each workout and the time I spent working out. It's how I keep myself accountable. I counted up the days I had entries: 24! 24! 24? Wow - that means I only took off 7 days this month from working out. Not too shabby for someone who hates to exercise and who, only a year ago, was happy to work out 7 days in month. What a change.

And, because I respond well to numbers, I added up all the minutes I spent sweating, grunting and groaning: (drumroll, please!) a whopping 1270 minutes this month! If I wasn't so tired from all that exercise, I'd be doing the happy dance right about now.

So, as February starts tomorrow, so starts a new chapter in my life as the crazy exerciser. Thank goodness there's only 28 days in February.

I think I need a pizza.

Until Next Time,

Kel

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Kel! First of all - you are going to love Wicked. Love, love, love it! Second - I can't wait to see you in March. I feel like I will be seeing a long lost friend!