Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cold Shoulder From the Dog


You know those t-shirts that say something like "I Like My Attitude Problem"? I need to get one for Aero. For such a little dog, he sure has a big attitude.


He's been on vacation for the last two weeks, too. He's been with Carol, one of his other favorite humans and owner of iPawd Pet Care. I know that Carol takes the best care of him, and he gets to spend time with lots of other dogs, big and small. He never really seems to mind going there, even if it's just to spend the day.


Carol dropped him off about 10:30 last night, and after gathering my luggage and getting a shuttle home, I arrived about 12:30 this morning. I walked through the front door, expecting to be happily greeted by my furry friend. Not surprising, he wagged his tail at me for about 15 seconds, the politely turned his back to me and sat facing the back of the couch. I picked him up to give him some long overdue love, and he would not look at me. Each time I turned him so that I could see his face, he turned his head in the other direction.


He wouldn't even sleep with me! He growled as he got comfortable in his own bed - and made sure that his back was facing me when he settled in.


The 'cold shoulder' routine lasted all day. The only time he paid attention to me was when he wanted to go outside. Even then his routine was different - he would turn circles in front of the door, but would face the door and bark instead of coming to me and barking at me. All day, he laid on the opposite end of the couch from where I was sitting and most of that time, he made sure he wasn't looking at me.


Finally, around 6:00 tonight, I think he finally forgave me. He timidly inched over toward me and sat next to me, leaning his head on my arm, letting out a big sigh. That was followed by more puppy kisses than I've had in a month.


It's a good thing I love that little guy!


Until next time,

Kel

No comments: