Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Suck at Housework...

I am so not a good housekeeper. There. I said it. My house is always a mess.

And it's not like I've got a bunch of kids and a husband around making it messy. It's just me and Aero. And I know that he doesn't make a mess when he's here alone.

My mother is probably the world's best housekeeper. OMG. You can eat off the floors, toilet seats, window sills. I don't think there's a hospital on Earth that's as clean and neat as my mother's house.

And maybe that's my problem: I can't live up to the standard I lived with for the first 22 years of my life. And I don't care. Dust doesn't bother me - I can ignore it for weeks. As long as the dust bunnies don't get bigger than Aero, I'm ok with it. And the piles o' crap everywhere. Not crap, as in poop, but crap - you know, junk mail, bags from Target that I haven't emptied, paperwork, crafting supplies. I can walk right by it and pretend it's not there.

Yeah, I'm a lousy housekeeper. Maybe when I grow up I'll be better at it.

Until next time,

Kel

No comments: