Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Proud to be an American


Wow. Since November, we knew today was going to be special. But I don't think I was prepared for how special, how moving this day would be.


There was an excitement in the air all day. In the office, we connected a computer to CNN's website in the morning and projected the inauguration for everyone to see. We're a very diverse crowd here in our small office, but we were all united by the excitement of seeing our 44th President take his oath of office.


Yes, it was historic, inspiring, uplifting - all those things that the media kept telling us we should be feeling throughout the coverage.


For me, the image that will remain with me forever was the view shown from the top of the Capitol, looking down on the hundreds of thousands of people there, waving their American flags. People of every race, creed, religion, sexual orientation - all different as night and day - standing united, showing their patriotism and support for what will be a new era in our great country's history. I get teary just thinking about it.


And, what's even more amazing - I've heard reports that there were no incidents of trouble in D.C. on this wonderful day. People are really exceptional when they want to be.


Yeah, I'm proud to be an American.


Good luck to you and your administration, President Obama. I'm looking forward to a new America.


Until Next Time,


Kel

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Oh, Kellyyyyyyyyyy...check out my blog! =]