Wednesday, January 21, 2009

They Finally Moved In!!!!



It's official: my Mom and Dad are moved in to their new house! YIPPEE!!!!!!!

In case you don't remember the back story, you can find it here.

When I talked to my Dad tonight, he said that everything that's moving into the new house is unpacked and put away; there's some big items and odds and ends left in the rental house (old furniture, a tv, old beds, boxes of Mardi Gras beads) that are waiting to be donated or sold at a garage sale, but they'll be gone soon.


There are a few things that need to be remedied by the contractor, but, they're in. I'm so relieved. It's been just about six months since they started the whole building process and the end result is a home that will withstand hurricane-strength winds, stand above rising flood waters (it actualy sits 39 inches above the highest point in the street!) and provide comfort to my parents as they celebrate their twilight years together.


I can't wait to go back and actually get to stay in the house! I got to see it when I visited at Christmas, but it was still under construction. I missed the move by about a month. What I did see was impressive and beautiful and the talk of the neighborhood.


Welcome Home, Mom and Dad.




Until Next Time,



Kel








1 comment:

Brynn said...

YAY! Beautiful house!