Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm "Connie Complainer" Today

A couple of years ago when my friend Angela and I worked at the same law firm, we had a day where we exchanged several e-mails and in each one, I found something to complain to her about. After the first 5 or 6, my signature read "Just Call me Connie Complainer." Her response? "Well, if you're Connie Complainer then I must be Wendy Whiner."

To this day, we call each other Wendy and Connie.

So today, Connie is here in a major way. I haven't really complained out loud, but that little voice in my head has moaned and whined and complained and bitched about every single thing in my day.

Why do I have to get out of bed and go to work?
Why is the traffic so bad?!
The office is too quiet today.
Rats. Now I have work to do.
I can't decide what I want to eat for lunch today or any other day of the week.
I don't want to drink another glass of water.

You get the idea.

It's now just after 4:00, and the complaining has continued all day. Right now? I'm complaining and arguing with myself about going to the gym and getting on the treadmill. That's not surprising, right? That's an argument I have with myself almost every day. But today it's worse than it has been in a long time because I checked my exercise journal and since last Wednesday, I've logged 290 exercise minutes. More than I normally do in a week. And if I get on the treadmill tonight, I would actually go over 300 minutes in a week, and would proudly have worked out 6 out of 7 days - a real milestone for me.

But I don't want to! Whine, whine, snivel, snivel, complain, complain. I'm tired. My feet hurt. My hip is bothering me. I have a lot of minutes already. I have things to do at home (like they'd get done if I went straight home!). My couch is calling me...


Then, I read my friend Sherry's blog entry from Monday and in it, she published this picture:




YIKES!!!!!!! While I know it to be true that muscle is more dense than fat, seeing is believing! And when you've got as much fat hanging on to your ass as I do, that picture can make even the biggest Connie Complainer (pun intended) stop the complaining!


Holy fat, Batman. Connie needs to get her butt to the gym - pronto!

Thanks, Sherry.



Until next time,


Kel





No comments: