Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Zumba?!?!

I've decided that I must be kind of crazy. If you've read my blog for a while, you know I have no love for exercise, but I do it and have come to appreciate it's benefits. And as you know, I'm just nutty enough to try a class once, and most times, will go back and finish the series no matter how hard it is because I refuse to quit.

Tonight's little adventure included my first attempt at Zumba. I had no idea what Zumba was, but I thought, what the heck. Today around 4:30, I Googled Zumba and found out that it's an aerobic dance class that combines various Latin dance styles, including meringue and salsa and other ones I can't remember. Hmmm, dance. That could be fun!

Yowza! Talk about a workout! I could keep up with everyone pretty well (and, as always, I'm the biggest one in class), but I'm pooped! It's now 2 hours after the class and I'm still sweating!!! I hope that means that my metabolism is still working on burning off some calories right now.

Give me boot camp any day....

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: