Monday, September 7, 2009

Sleepless Nights...

I always complain when Aero has his little bouts of insomnia. Seriously! A dog having trouble sleeping? What's up with that?

Right now, I'm guessing that in his own little doggy way he's complaining about me. It's a little after 3:00 a.m. and I'm still wide awake, which means I'm disturbing his highness.

After the layoff, I was having many sleepless nights. I was told that that's pretty normal in the cycle of emotions that follow a layoff. But it seemed like they happening less and less. But suddenly, it's happening again and I can't figure out what's triggering it.

I've done the usual no caffiene after 4:00 pm, no tv on in the bedroom, nothing exciting in the evening routine (not that there's ever anything exciting in my life anyway!). And tonight I even had 2 glasses of wine with dinner at my friend Marie's house - that should have put me to sleep by 7! But, here I sit in the dark, with only the glow from the computer screen illuminating the room. And yes, I did go to bed around 11:30, but I just laid there tossing and turning until I got so aggravated that I got up. And took the snoozing pup with me into the living room.

The more I'm awake, the more annoyed I get and the longer I'm up. I don't know what to do any more. I guess it's a good thing I'm not working 'cause I'm gonna be very cranky tomorrow...

Sigh.

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: