Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Milestones at the Gym

I've been going back to the gym for the last 2 weeks. It's a big move toward taking control of my life once again!

Of course, my workouts weren't all they could be nor were they as intense as they should be. But, September is upon us, and there's no better time to 'start over' than the beginning of a new month.

Last night (okay, it was still August, but I'm counting it!) I was able to walk on the dreadmill for 30 minutes without any pain in the knee! Woo-hoo!! My speed isn't back up to where it was before the injury, but that's okay with me. I'm happy to be doing some endurance for a change!

And then tonight, I attended my first class since the beginning of June! I started a strength training class with a trainer that I've never worked with (Donna), but have seen her classes from the sidelines. It was tough, mostly upper body work, but manageable. And my knee didn't hurt!!!!

Hmmm, maybe my self-imposed gym exile over the last few months was a good thing and the knee has been healing....

Next up: returning to Yo'lates Saturday morning. I'm sweating just thinking about it!

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: