Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another Round of Hope!

Things haven't been going so well in the job search arena. I apply. I either never hear anything back or get excited because I do hear something back and either the hours are crazy or it's not local enough or the pay is ridiculously low for the position. It's making me nuts.

Well, today there's progress and a new round of hope! There's a 5-month contract job with a law firm in San Francisco for a user support supervisor. Booo-yah!!! 3 things in it's favor: law firm, user support and a step up to a supervisory position! Luckily, the placement firm working on this job is the one that I'm currently working with.

I have a first-round phone interview tomorrow morning with the HR manager of the firm. Double booo-yah!! That's the closest thing to a real chance at a job that I've seen so far. If I make a great impression on this guy, I'll move on to round 2 with the IT manager and current support manager (she's going out on maternity leave, hence the short-term contract).

The recruiter said that what I have in my favor is my 372 years of support experience. Well, okay, maybe not 372 years, but it sure feels like it. She said that so far, the candidates they've sent all have managerial experience but no law firm/front line support experience. I'm just the opposite and she thinks they will favor that. We'll see.

I also applied for a great position at Stanford Hospital today. That would be a permanent job (it's a training position) with great benefits. And my buddy and partner-in-crime, Angela, works there so that's an added bonus!

Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me friends. Aero needs me to go back to work soon.

Until Next Time,

Kel

1 comment:

scrap4u said...

Good luck Kelly! I'll be thinking about you today and hoping the phone interview goes well! Knock their socks off lady! :)