Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 111: Finally - Some Hope!!

Don't fall off your chair, but while I was at the gym this afternoon (shocking, isn't it?!), gathering my things in the locker room after my workout, my phone rang. It was a number that I didn't recognize, but since I've listed my cell as my primary contact number on my resume and on the applications I've filled out, I've been answering all calls.

It was a recruiter who had seen my resume on monster.com and was interested in talking to me. I felt kinda weird talking to someone about my career from the locker room of the gym, but hey, it's not the kind of call you want to miss!

We chatted for about 15 minutes about my previous job, the software I know, my experiences, how I'd feel about working in San Francisco again and the usual job stuff. As it turns out, he has a listing with a law firm looking for a "Service Desk Analyst" with heavy software and network support skills. When he read the description to me, I did a little dance because it sounded pretty much like my resume.

So tonight, I forwarded him a copy of my resume in Word format; we have a pre-screening call set for tomorrow morning at 9:00; I have an appointment to meet him in his office Friday morning at 9:00. If all that goes well, he'll set me up with an interview at the law firm next Wednesday morning.

While I'm thrilled and excited, I'm also sitting here in total panic mode. It's the day I've kinda been dreading since May: having to interview. Holy moley!!!! My last interview was in 2000! And of course, there's the whole what to wear/will my hair look okay/will they look past my body to see that my skills are why they'd want to hire me?

I think I'm going shopping after the conference call tomorrow.

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: