Monday, February 9, 2009

Organizing... Or Not!

I haven't held a scrapbooking event at my house in over a year. My customers probably hate me by now, but I have a really, really good reason: my workshop's an absolute mess!

Yes, it's hard to admit it, but I've let my workshop (a/k/a the garage - it just sounds more professional when I call it 'the workshop') go to hell in a handbasket. It has become the dumping ground for anything and everything, and it's been piling up for over a year. And when I do get out there to work on some altered items or (gasp!) get some scrapping done, I just move the crap around to open up a space big enough for me to work in.

So, three weekends ago, I decided it was time to take the bull by the horns and get that danged room in some sort of shape - if not for my customers, at least for myself because quite honestly, it's getting on my last nerve. I did take a picture before I started, which I won't post now. I'll wait until I'm done and post the before and after together. That gives me a goal to work toward.

The thing that kills me about trying to get organized is how much of a mess you make while you're trying to do it! Sheesh! I'm trying the pile method: this pile is to keep, this pile is to send to my goddaughter Adrienne (lots of crafting supplies!), this pile is to put in the recycle bin, this pile is to be shredded.... the list of piles goes on and on. Unfortunately, the piles seem to be making things worse because it's getting harder and harder to maneuver around out there. At one point, I had 'piled' myself into a corner and had to go potty...that was a fun moment in my life!

The good part of this little project is that I've actually got some old scrapping supplies that I can send to my friend Pad in Wisconsin for her neglected teens' scrapbooking class that starts in April. At least somebody will find a good use for the stuff that I've been collecting!

Hmmm. Maybe I'll just leave it messy and unorganized for another month or so. It'll be much easier!

Until Next Time,

Kel

So, wish me well as I work on this huge project.

1 comment:

scrap4u said...

Good for you Kelly on trying to get organized! It sure makes it easier to sit down and do something when you don't have to move a bunch of crap all around. LOL!

I can't wait to see the after pictures!