Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Did I Have to Graduate?

Yesterday I met with Denise, my much loved Personal Trainer. We normally meet every Friday, but both had scheduling conflicts, so we rescheduled for mid-afternoon on President's Day. That was kind of fun for me - working out in the middle of the day instead of at the end of the day.

Starting with squats, Denise proudly announced "Today, you've graduated." Huh? What? Graduated? What da' heck.... She handed me 20 pound weights. Oh, I get it. Graduating means more weight. Oh, goody.

And it wasn't just the squats that I 'graduated' to more weight. It was bent over rows - to 20 pounds AND standing, instead of sitting. And 25 pounds on the chest press machine. And 150 pounds on the leg press machine. And 10 pounds on the hammer to press. And 50 calf raises instead of 25. And a new position for wall push-ups. And crunches in a new position.

I can hardly move today. I think my triceps took the worst of it - it hurts to type. Heck, it hurts to even think!

I suppose I should be excited that Denise thinks I've progressed enough to make my workout harder. Maybe when the pain subsides I'll feel excited. But for now, it hurts too much to be excited.

Can I un-graduate this Friday?

Until next time,

Kel

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Kel! I think it's awesome that you have the means to have a personal trainer and that you "get" to graduate! Means you've been doing a great job. I am really proud of you. Keep it up. Just remember that the new amount will seem easy eventually and then you get to graduate again. =] Just think what it's doing for your figure. =] Woot Woo!

scrap4u said...

Great job Kelly! I'm so happy for you that you've graduated to such heavy weights! I know it might hurt now but you're really building muscle and that's a good thing.

Keep up the good work!
Linda