Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Octagonal Red Street Sign

Since I'm not driving as much as I used to, I guess I'm getting less tolerant of stupid people that have a driver's license. And I seem to run across them every time I'm out and about.

Today, it was the group of drivers who apparently didn't learn what this sign means when they attended gangsta driving school.

Yeah, buddy, you're all bad in your souped up Dodge Ram with spinners and music so loud they can hear it in LA. You probably know every word to that Lil' Wayne rap, but can you READ? Do you know what S - T - O - P spells? Do you know the definition of the word?


Maybe you should go back to kindergarten and start all over again.

Oh, wait. I'll save you the time of going back to school (where you might even learn some manners) and I'll tell you what that sign means. Let's start with what it DOESN'T mean.

It doesn't mean: Stomp Toe On Pedal.
It doesn't mean: Spin Tires On Pavement.
It doesn't mean: Speed Through Other (car's) Path and give other driver the one-finger salute as you go by.

When you see this sign, it means you move your big ugly foot OFF the accelerator (the pedal on the right, in case "accelerator" is too big a word for you) and place it on the brake pedal - the one on the left. That will make your big ol' stupid truck slow down and actully quit moving for a couple of seconds while I, who have the right of way, pass through the intersection in front of you!

Maybe if we add some other words to the sign it'll help you follow the rules of driving. Ever play "Simon Says"?

Just stay out of my way on the road, ding dong.

Until next time,

Kel

No comments: