Friday, June 12, 2009

A Little Sad....

I haven't talked about the "E" word (exercise) in a while.

You'd think with all the time I have on my hands right now I'd be spending way more time at the gym. Uh, nope. I've actually been spending less time there, mostly because the knee is still not 100%. Today was the first time in nearly 2 months that I didn't feel any pain all day. I'd say that's a little progress.

But, I just got home from my last paid personal training session with Denise. I'm really sad about it because right now, I can't afford to buy another 10 sessions with her. Heck, with that measly unemployment check I got this week, I can barely afford to pay my bills! I'm actually going to admit that I'm going to miss the workouts because I feel like I've come so far since I started working with her last June. Tonight, to celebrate, she increased my weights just for good measure. More than the workouts I'm going to miss hanging out with her on Friday afternoons. I can be myself with her, whether I'm being Connie Complainer or Wendy Whiner or Amy Angry or Gloria Goofy. She lets me be me.

And I think of her more than just a personal trainer. We've become friends and we talk about our lives and the things that are going on around us. Heck, I've even cried on her shoulder a time or two and she didn't seem to mind.

But, that's not the only thing that made me a little sad tonight. I had signed up for the summer session of boot camp, which was set to start at 6:00 a.m. sharp Monday morning. When I got to the gym, I was told they had to cancel it because they didn't meet their minimum enrollment. Rats. Phooey. Crap. Wussy women who are afraid to try it. I needed a good challenge, and boot camp always challenges me. Rats. Phooey. Crap.

Oh, well. There's still the Saturday morning Yo'lates class with Denise. And I'm sure I'll find a way to save up some cash to schedule some time with her sometime in the near future.

After all, my butt's depending on it!

Until Next Time,

Kel

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Hey Kel...Things have been crazy busy here and my blog took a back seat as well as my blog reading. Catching up again and was sad that I missed your birthday! I feel bad that you won't be meeting with your trainer for the sessions anymore, but I know you will keep doing your stuff. You know you need it and like it! Don't let all that hard work go to waste. You've really inspired me and I need you to keep going, kay? Even if you can't afford one on one - you know what you need to do. So do it. =] Hugs my friend!!