Thursday, June 11, 2009

"I Wish the Dog Had a Snooze Button"

While out for the afternoon, I stopped in at Sur Le Table, a high-end kitchen wares store. Now, I'm quite amused and entertained by kitchen things. If I had a bigger kitchen, I'd spend way more money on these little treasures. I saw gadgets that I never knew existed and sometimes had to ponder what one would do with such a gadget in the kitchen.

But my favorite find this afternoon was a very large ceramic coffee mug. It was definitely a one-of-a-kind and it stood out among the other mugs on the shelf. This mug summed up my mornings right now: I Wish the Dog Had a Snooze Button. When I saw that, I just started laughing. And not subdued, lady-like giggles to myself, mind you. It was a hearty belly laugh heard by all in this fancy establishment who all looked in my direction to see what the noise was. I couldn't help it. It just cracked.me.up.

Because after 28 days, Aero still doesn't get the concept that I don't have to get up before the crack of dawn 5 days a week. He still aggravates the bejeezus out of me once the sun comes up and won't stop no matter how long I try to ignore him or fuss at him or pet him. He wants me to get up when he's ready to get out of bed and he promptly goes back to sleep on the couch. What a life.

So, yeah. I got a really good laugh this afternoon when I saw that mug. It made my day.

And I DO wish Aero had a snooze button....

Until Next Time,

Kel

1 comment:

scrap4u said...

I can't believe it's been 28 days! It seems like it was just 2 weeks or so ago. Time is really flying.

Maybe you could get even with Aero by waking him during his naps. LOL! Just kidding. He's just set in his ways.