Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 21: I Just Need to Keepy Busy

It's hard to believe that it's been 3 weeks since I got laid off.

My worst enemy is too much time on my hands. Oh, sure, I can do laundry. But there's only so much laundry one person can create! And I could clean my house, but where's the fun in that? I find that when I sit here, even in front of the computer, my mind wanders and starts to focus on things that could make me crazy: how am I going to pay my bills? How am I going to find a job? Am I too old to start over? How do I compete with a younger, smarter candidate? And let's not even go to the place where I beat myself up for my looks....

My friends have been so wonderful trying to help keep me busy. Angela and baby Max meet me once a week for a lunch outing. Joyce and I hang out on her days off, going to Target or catching an early movie. Marie has given me an open invitation to hang out at her house on the weekends. It's these "play dates" that help keep me unfocused on the scary stuff.

Yeah, busy is good. Maybe I should volunteer some of my free time...

Until next time,
Kel

No comments: