Friday, October 30, 2009

Do You Believe What Your Horoscope Says?


I'm not a real believer in following my horoscope or what the stars are saying when they align a certain way with the planets. But, on my home page, I do have the daily horoscope come up. I enjoy reading it, usually at the end of the day just for the fun of it.

Today, I might just become a staunch follower of my sign and what the universe is saying to me.

Let me start the story with a quick time line: Tuesday I got a call from the recruiter and a law firm in San Francisco who has had my resume since the beginning of October is finally moving forward with the position and the liked my resume. They wanted to do a phone interview with me, so we set it up for Wednesday morning. Unfortunately, the HR person that I was supposed to talk to got tied up in a meeting and the call was postponed to Thursday at 1:30.

So, yesterday at 1:30 the phone promptly rang and I had a nice conversation with a woman named Stephanie (who was in Washington D.C.) and became my charming, southern belle alter-ego rattling on about how wonderful I am and why this firm should hire me. At the end of the conversation, she invited me to go to a face-to-face interview with the San Francisco office's IT Manager and Office Manager at 10:00 this morning. Woo-hoo!! I gladly accepted that invitation and planned me day around the meeting.

This morning I arrived a the office at 9:45 sharp after completing the rigorous grooming routine required to make myself business-like and presentable (remember - I've pretty much been living in sweats with my hair pulled up every day for the last 5 months) and driving and navigating through downtown SF. The office manager was bubbly and very easy to chat with. When she invited the IT Manager to join us in the meeting, he was just a down-to-earth guy who wasn't too nerdy and was quite pleasant for a computer geek. I answered all their questions, asked a few of them; they both seemed interested in me and my skill set and I left there with a feeling that I had aced the interview and this was going to be my job soon.

This afternoon when I logged on, there was my horoscope and I nearly fell off my chair:

Gemini (5/21-6/21): Talking will get you anything you want today -- your way with words is especially captivating right now, and you will have the perfect terms right on the tip of your tongue. Verbal communication has long been one of your strengths, adn today even more so. So this is a wonderful time to meet new people, especially people you want to impress. Job interviews, first dates, or any other type of potentially monumental appointments are going to go well.

O.M.G.!! Are you kidding me? Holy job interviews, Batman. That kinda freaked me out!

So, do you believe your horoscope? I do now....

Until Next Time,

Kel

No comments: